These are 15+ foods I make sure I never run out of – these are my staples that allow me to eat healthy food even when I don’t have a lot of food prepped or made in advance. I don’t always bake or have meals cooked but I can always eat well as there is always something easy to eat. If I have it in the house, I will eat it – this goes both ways, for healthy, nutrient dense food or food that isn’t so healthy.
My Top 15
In no particular order.
- Dark chocolate
- Chobani 0.5% Greek yoghurt
- Salmon fillets (frozen)
- Ground turkey, beef mince & chicken fillets
- Deli Meats/Cold cuts
- Bone broth (both homemade or store bought)
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables, especially strawberries and sugar snap peas, zucchini, broccoli & mushroom, rocket and baby spinach, capsicum, cos lettuce and avocado. Frozen fruit and veggies – berries, cherries & lemon wedges.
- Chana dahl (dried) chickpeas, black beans, red kidney beans and lentils (canned)
- Brown rice [precooked] sachets
- Passatta and Peeled & Diced Tomatoes
- Olive oil, Coconut oil & MCT oil
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Five Extra Foods (because to be honest I always have these as well)
- Mixed nuts and seeds
- Chamomile tea and White tea, Coffee beans
- Hydrolysed Collagen
- Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges
- Natvia sweetener or Monkfruit sweetener
What foods are staple items in your house? Let me know!