After much trial and error I have finally tweaked the Trim, Healthy Mama (THM) recipe to [my] perfection!
- Magic Bullet or blender
- ¼ cup homemade sweet blend - see notes below
- 1 doonk pure stevia extract - omit if using homemade sweet blend
- ¼ cup pure cocoa
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cream - or cream cheese
- ¼ tsp mineral salt
- shredded coconut
- berries - (excluding blueberries)
- chopped nuts
- 1 tbsp peanut paste
- ¼ cup peanut flour
- extracts or flavourings
- If coconut oil is hard, melt it *gently*. Very gently, if it is too liquid-y it doesn't solidify properly.
- Combine the softened coconut oil, cocoa, sweetener, and salt in a bowl and stir well. Pour into ice cube trays or chocolate or molds, or onto a plastic plate and put in the freezer to harden for at least 30minutes.
- Once frozen, take out of freezer and put into containers and into the fridge.
*Optional additions: coconut, berries, chopped nuts, berries, peanut paste, etc. Maybe even a squirt of Nirvana Stevia Chocolate Drops. Note: I have the handy dandy shaker that came with the NuNaturals Stevia. I open the lid to only have the powder come out from three little circles. I then give the Stevia about 3 gentle shakes. However, it’s all personal taste learned through trial and error. A Serving Size is about one third of this mix at each sitting. I only buy pure cocoa. Cacao is too expensive for me. Simply check the back of the packet for the ingredient list to ensure you have pure or 100% cocoa. Some producers add all sorts of sweeteners and fillers to their cocoa so you don’t want this. If you want to read more variations on the THM Skinny Chocolate recipe, see the THM Pinterest board.
Related recipe: Homemade Sweet Blend